Telescoping Boom Cranes
- Under 21 tons (fixed cab)
- 21 to 75 tons (fixed or rotating cab)
- Over 75 tons (rotating cab)
Lattice Boom Cranes
- Crawler or carrier mounted
- Self-erecting, fixed jib, or luffing boom
- Articulating Boom Cranes
- Service/Mechanic Truck Cranes
- Precast Concrete Delivery Cranes (under 21-ton capacity, fixed or rotating operator station)
Special designations can be issued for a specific type, make, model or configuration, including digger Derrick or friction cranes. Contact CIC for details. See more detailed descriptions of individual certifications.
How to Get Certified
In order to earn an accredited CIC crane operator certification candidates must take and pass both a Written Exam and a Practical Exam.
The Written Exam will consist of a general knowledge portion and a supplemental exam section for each type of certification the candidate wishes to achieve.
The Practical Exam is a demonstration of the candidate’s skills actually operating the crane. At CIC one Practical Exam can qualify an operator for several types of certification, as long as the corresponding Written Exam supplements are passed.
Crane operator certifications are valid for a period of five years from the date the first Written or Practical Exam is passed.