When photographs are submitted to CIC for use on certification cards, they must meet the following requirements:
- Photograph must be of individual candidate alone, showing at least their entire face and head.
- Candidates must directly face the camera, displaying a smile or neutral expression; holding a placard stating their name and Candidate ID number (or date of birth if CID is not known).
- Candidates must be wearing clothing appropriate for the normal course of their duties.
- Candidates may not wear head coverings such as hard hats, baseball caps, visors, helmets, hoods, wigs, or toupees.
- Candidates may not wear tinted eyewear such as sunglasses, activated transitional lenses, safety glasses, or ski masks.
- Candidates must be photographed against a light, solid background such as a blank white wall. The background may not contain a pattern, writing, or similar disruptions.
- Photo must be taken directly, not an image of a photograph or computer screen. The image file must be attached to an email, not embedded within the email or a word processing or paint document.
Failure to be in accordance with these requirements will delay processing and mailing the card and incur a $25 fee per photo. Thank you for helping us remain in compliance with accreditation and certification standards!