Individuals certified by CIC are expected to maintain an honorable Code of Ethics. It includes being positive role models for safety, operating with best practices, and demonstrating respect of the profession. CIC’s Code of Ethics Agreement includes
- Using my knowledge and skill to accomplish my work in the manner that best safeguards myself, coworkers, employers, the public and the workplace.
- Being honest with employers, the public, and coworkers and not willingly misleading anyone with regard to my work experience, skill, experience or capability in the work for which I am or will be certified, or the status of my certification.
- Promoting competence and prestige of my industry by following applicable governmental regulations (ex. OSHA), industry standards (ex. ASME), and Operating Guidelines provided by equipment manufacturers to perform safely and efficiently.
- Working with integrity and without bias regarding race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, or familial status.
- Abiding by the Substance Abuse Policy.
- Reporting safety and other violations of the Code of Ethics to appropriate personnel within their organization.
- Notifying CIC using the Incident/Accident Report Form of any incidents, accidents or disciplinary actions I have been involved in over the previous five years.